Friday, June 26, 2009

This is bad, real bad, Michael Jackson

REST IN PEACE
MICHEAL
JACKSON
August 29, 1958 – June 25, 2009

The icon of what music should be
in life and death

the only musician to turn several music videos
into motion pictures

---
I know we make light of me never getting sleep and overworking. But I'll say that he didn't go in vain. I will do my best to slow down as to not overwork myself to the point in which I can't even enjoy life anymore. I am devastated over this but we all have memories. I just hope that he will get due justice in all the press memorials and whatnot. I know he was mired in controversy the last decade of his life but I think it's time we let him rest in peace and learn to separate the ART and the ARTIST. That is the MJ I will forever remember. Elvis got revisionist media treatment. I expect the friggin same for my hero.
- ?uestlove

I received a MJ scholarship from the 25 million he gave UNCF for performing arts students. Thank u MJ 4 inspiring & funding my dreams & education.
- Saul Williams

Whoa. The deli lady started weeping while she was getting my greek salad.
Colin Meloy of The Decemberists

Listening to Off the Wall... Fuck it... I'm not gonna be sad about it. He left us with some of the best songs ever crafted. Do you remember when you saw Mike do the moonwalk the first time... I do! ... That's why I can't be sad... The moonwalk game for Sega! I know you remember that. Or when you lost one of your gloves... you didn't even give a shit... Because Mike only rocked one...
- Chuck Inglish
A little bit of everyone died today, I can tell you a piece of me just did. Let's just say this is the first time I've watched MTV in a long time
- DOOM
via Pitchfork
---
Gotta white friend look like Micheal Jackson/ Gotta Black friend look like Micheal Jackson -Kanye West, 'Slow Jamz'

I used to hustle, now all I do is relax and strive/when I was young I was a fan of the Jackson 5
- Nas, 'Halftime'

'Me and you kid we gonna me some cash/Jackin old beats and makin the dash/
They jacked the beats, money come wit ease/But son, he couldn’t stop, it’s like he had a disease/He jacked another and another, Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder/Set some R&B over the track for ‘Deep Cove'
-Mos Def, 'Children's Story'

'I guess, Michael Jackson was right, “You Are Not Alone”/Rock your hardhat black cause you in the Terrordome'
- Most Def, 'Mathematics'

'Leave me alone like Michael Jackson/Or there will be more than butterflies in your stomach, waiting to see what happens'
- Talib Kweli, 'Good To You'

'Now they wanna do ya boy like Mike in his prime/Billie Jean, the goddamn boy ain’t mine'
- Jay-Z, 'American Gangster'

'No lights, no camera, but lots of action/No moonwalkin backwards, kid, like Michael Jackson'
- EPMD 'It's Going Down'
via XXL
---

No comments:

Post a Comment