Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Eyes heavy when the day goes nothing helpin but I ain't sleep awake in another state

http://www.whatsyodamage.blogspot.com
http://www.whatsyodamage.blogspot.com
http://www.whatsyodamage.blogspot.com

I want to thank everyone for the love they're giving towards my blog. I'm trying my best to inform everyone on the best music from New Orleans, Chicago and everywhere else thats not getting enough exposure.

I think I found my new favorite artist. His name is Patrick Marinez and he does a lot of work with mixed media and neon.
"High Fructose Corn Loca" Mixed media, 2008
"Westcoast Palm Readers", neon, 2008
"Ghetto Grocery", mixed media, 2006

Emily Valentine Bullock from Sydney, Australia creates brightly colored creatures that look like they could have came out of a Harry Potter movie. She makes taxidermy cool by using feathers from birds killed by cars and cats and then attaching them to dead dogs. She might need a psych evaluation, but her artwork is amazing.


Nowadays a lot of shoes look alike, but they all bring a different element to the table.

Have you gone to any good shows lately? And if not, whats stopping you?
Homework?
Your favorite artist never stops in your city?
Lack of a ride?
You don't have friends to go with that will get the band's esoteric references?
The venue only has 21+ shows?

Well one of the above happened to me.
Hopefully this will come back to NOLA.


or maybe i'll go to the
weekly 80s/90s/themed dance party

or maybe my local hip-hop crew will throw something like this again


DOWNLOADS:
For the the hip-hop fans: Mickey Factz- Rapio 2 Point (Double-O Remix)
and some indie: Voxtrot-Trepanation Party (mp3)
Link

British designer Alexander McQueen takes ready-to-wear to a new level. His evocative designs take ordinary objects and makes them high fashion. At one of his shows you are guaranteed to see clothing that came out of a wild imagination.






Melknee

No comments:

Post a Comment