Monday, March 30, 2009

I feel better knowing tha my crew is original. Negative Thinking

WHATS YOUR "CREW" LIKE?

Does it only consist of people who are just like you?
Does it only consist of people who are different than you?
Does it only consist of people who are nice to you?
Does it only consist of people you want to be like?
Does it only consist of people who will help you succeed and won't "bring you down"?
Does it only consist of people who "get" you and stuff your into?
Is your whole crew the same race?
Is your whole crew the same gender?
Does your crew dress alike?
Does your crew have tattoos and piercings?
Does your crew make good grades?
Does your crew work together?
Does anyone say your crew is "too big"?
Does your whole crew have the same goals?
If we were in high school, would your crew be "The Cool Kids" of the school?
Does your crew stand out in the crowd?
Is your crew "ahead of the trends"?
Does your crew make the trends?
Is your crew from the same city?
If needed, would your crew already have a 'classic crew shot' ready?
Is there a leader of the crew?
Does everyone in your have a talent?
Does your crew trying to "make it big"?
Does your crew have projects? i.e. music group, clothing line, dance crew, graffiti crew ect.
Does everyone in your crew have a role? i.e. cute one, shy one ect.

I spent way too much time looking for pictures of "crews" on facebook and this is what I found:




























































I personally think Chicago crews dictate the trends whether people are watching from Indiana, New Orleans, NYC or LA, but hey I'm biased, because I think I'm from a city in the midwest, the best city in the whole wide world.

However every city has club promoter crews, streetwear store owner crews, tagging crews, hypebeast crews, AZN crews, hip-hop crews and scene kid crews.

I think my new favorite crew is called Chipped Red Polish. It's an all female and Chicago based group that "focuses on supporting today's artisic cuture. Through they're own creative passions, networking, and promotion of different genres".
The founders are Drea, who is one half of He Say She Say, and JoJo. Other members are Cess a fashion designer, Gianna a musician, Victoria a fashion and graphic designer, Jenny a fashion designer and journalist, Arica in marketing and nightlife, Lauren a graphic designer, and Michelle is an artist .


Some "jams" about Chicago:

Naledge - "I'm In Chicago (Bitch)" (Kali Remix) (mp3)

Naledge - "I'm In Chicago (Bitch)" (Conair Remix) (mp3)

However I did hear something very good in New Orleans news today. I knew I was going to have a good Fall 2009 when I got a tweet today from Voodoo Experience 2009. It said, City Park has agreed to have Voodoo Experience during Halloween Weekend (October 30-Nov 1 2009). In the past couple of weeks, there has been a lot of worry that Voodoo wouldn't take place this year. This is because City Park's chief operating official said the park wasn't available Halloween weekend. However today's news cleared up any doubt. So far the only announced artist is Kiss, who is one of the headliners. But non-classic rock fans don't need to worry because every year Voodoo has great artists from several genres. Since I've been In New Orleans, Voodoo Experience has had some of the biggest acts come from Lil Wayne to M.I.A. to Gym Class Heroes to Kings of Leon to Common. Chicago has Lalapalooza, Austin has SXSW, California has Cochella, Tennessee has Bonnaroo, and New Orleans has Voodoo and I'm excited to experience it.
Melknee

No comments:

Post a Comment