Thursday, March 26, 2009

It's from the NO to the Go. I'm so chi, but i'm so bold, millions of records like K or lil Weezy will be sold.

Recent news has made me attempt to write rhymes.....

NEXT SUNDAY IN NEW ORLEANS!!!!
Million $ Mano is a dj who grew up in a area thats down the street from my house. Instead of getting involved in the negative activities that Chicago's southside call pull young people into, he turned to music. But he didn't follow the mainstream trends of music, instead he made music that he liked, which included hip-hop, indie rock, dance music, electro, R&B, and WAAAAAY more stuff. Mano was the dj for M.I.A. when she went on tour and has performed at many music festivals.
Hollywood Holt is Mano's first cousin, but they are more than that. The two Chicagoians breakdanced together at The Point in Hyde Park (this is where I went to school and where Obama lived), created of the Murder Club moped crew, and are music partners. I can't wait to the see the guy's classic cool shades, tats, sixpack abs, four finger rings, buttoned up flannel and maybe some breakdancing. Also Hollywood Holt is the only rapper that I know of who has a septum piercing besides Travis McCoy of Gym Class Heroes. He is a big name in Chicago's music scene and I can hear his influence in New Orleans artists like Cypher and Wally. Even Kanye likes the dude, so great things are soon to come.
As we say in Chicaaaago.....TREATED

Here is Hollywood Holt's video 'Hollywood'


Here is Hollywood Holt's video 'Throw a Kit'

You might remember Hollywood Holt's face from when he showed off his breakdancing and freestyling skills on 'So You Think You Can Dance'.


If someone asked me, what do I like more individual songs or mixed, I'll have to say mixes. As a major fan of artists like Justice, Klever, Steve Aoki, Busy P, Willy Joy, Sinden, Girl Talk, Digitalism, Flosstradamus, Kid Color, and so on, I got really excited when I heard about the new mix from New Orleans dj duo Force Feed Radio. The new mix is called "Blood On The Dance Floor". It featuring music from MGMT, Diplo, Partners n Crime, Pitbull, and more dance bangers.
Download it HERE.



Do you think musicians sound better when you can't see their face. Here is the masked DJ duo, Blood Beetroots' new video 'WARP' featuring DJ master Steve Aoki. When I first saw it, I was reminded of the first time I went to theCobrasnake. The song is undeniably a 'banger' and the constant product placement of DIM MAK items makes me even more pleased. Lastly I love the blipster on the far right, the blue blood, and Steve Aoki's floral Chad Muska Skytop Supras. I was surprised Aoki wasn't wearing his signature Strapped NS Supras, but hey you need to change it up sometimes so you can keep people on their toes.

WxAxRxP from Francesco Calabrese on Vimeo.

Melknee

No comments:

Post a Comment